Saturday, April 24, 2010

My thoughts going in to the race...

just wanted to pen my thoughts before the big race.
Fact:
....I haven't done any serious long run for about 3 weeks now
....the leg is all taped up and even though its does not hurt while walking its still not a 100%
....at some point during the race I know the leg is going to start hurting.

......But......, the fact also is I don't know HOW MUCH (hehehehehe).. So the question really is how many miles am I willing to endure the discomfort ---- 1 mile or 26.2 miles.
Well, there is only one way to find out. :)

PS: Isn't it scary to be a rationally crazy person.

4 comments:

Mayuresh said...

final time...
24ish miles 4:29:50

Mayuresh said...

am still deciding on my feelings for this race..
the leg held up OK untill the very end, I was done in by cramps, so had to walk from mile 11 to mile 18....
got my running mojo back at mile 18, and get back to a 9 mm pace.... but they had forced the race to be concluded at 20 miles...
determined to earn my 26.2 (and blessed with the companay of a hot girl.).. we decided to go back 3 miles upto mile 17....BUT could only go as far back ak.. the race organizers were sweeping people at mile 18.. so could only do an additional 2ish..
so total of 24ish miles... in 4:29:50...

so considering that I had not trained for 4 weeks and the leg was dicy... I am happy to be able to finish the race...

But considering the fact that we were able to maintain a steady 9mm pace till mile 11, I am disappointed in not being able to run the whole 26.2 miles. and that its the cramps that did me in and not the taped up leg...

But, then again considering how I spend the last 30 mins of the race.. I am happy...

pst.. forgot to tell you, the girl an I did a full speed final 25 meters sprint at the finish line..

Mayuresh said...

i have made up my mind on the race..I am disappointed about it.. :(

Divya said...

Mayur.. I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think one can be rationally crazy...may be just plain crazy.